Step-On Bus Guiding involves Robin stepping onto your bus full of passengers and directing you to beautiful, scenic and historical sites in the Mount Shasta area which can include the Lava Beds National Monument, Scott Valley, Shasta Valley and the Yreka area, plus the history and viewing of Lassen Peak. She will also entertain you with local history, geology, legends and stories about the area.
Mount Shasta Area Tour. Stops may include:
- Bunny Flat at 6950’and Old Ski Bowl at 7900’ on Mt. Shasta
- Castle Lake located in Klamath Mountain Range
- Town of McCloud and McCloud Falls
- Dunsmuir and/or Weed area depending on length of tour
Lava Beds National Monument Tour. Stops may include:
- Yreka/Scott Valley Tour. Stops may include:Japanese-American Internment Camp
- Petroglyph Point. One of the largest collections of artwork on 4100′ cliff.
- Captain Jack Stronghold Site
- Visitor Center including walk down into Mushpot Cave and Cave Loop.
- Lower Klamath Basin Visitor Center
Yreka/Scott Valley Tour. Stops may include:
- Highway 263 Drive with views of Klamath and Shasta River
- Yreka Courthouse~ largest gold display south of Alaska is located.
- Fort Jones in the lovely Scott Valley.
- Historic town of Etna with a stop at the famous Etna Brewery.
- A quick stop at Callahan
Burney Falls/Hat Creek Tour. Stops may include:
- Stop at beautiful Burney Falls
- Drive through Hat Creek Valley
- Fall River Mills with stop at Fall River Overlook and Fort Crook Museum.
- History and viewing of Lassen Peak
Happy Customer Feedback
Over the years Silver Bay Tours has operated a number of senior citizen motorcoach tours to the Mt. Shasta and McCloud area. On each occasion I made a point to contact Robin Kohn first to make sure she was available to be a step-on guide during our day of sightseeing. Her enthusiasm for the Mt. Shasta area coupled with her knowledge of the history, geology, folk lore and mountaineering experiences make for an entertaining day for all. I especially enjoy her stories about the many characters she has met over the years that pit themselves against the elements while climbing Mt. Shasta. Robin is a professional winter mountaineering guide and part of her narrative is spent explaining how one should proceed to climb “The Mountain” with respect and caution. Robin is a delightful person for whom entertaining a group comes naturally. At the end the day everyone is full of information but no one is tired of Robin’s delivery, as a matter of fact they wish she could join the group and go home with us! The best part of hiring Robin is that she makes my job easy and I get rave reviews for finding such a great guide.Bob Matchett
Silver Bay Tours
P.O. Box 621
Morro Bay, CA 93443